Amanda Lear: Sweet Revenge - 1978

Amanda Lear was a deadpan-voiced disco diva, dominatrix and model known for her appearance on the cover of Roxy Music’s For Your Pleasure. 

This cut-price Grace Jones serves up an album of mysterious, sonorous Euro-disco chuggers, including a nearly twenty-minute medley that sounds pretty much the same throughout. All the tracks are listed separately, but they run into each other, seemingly using the same backing track. It is pretty difficult to differentiate between the tracks for the purpose of a review, they form one homogenous vibe, really. They probably work much better in a disco setting than they do when sitting down and listening to them.

Secondary, 2 of 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punk: My Top Ten Singles

The Beatles: My Top Ten Singles

Rod Stewart: My Top Ten Singles

The Rolling Stones: My Top Ten Singles

Blondie: My Top Ten Singles

Stevie Wonder: My Top Ten Singles

The Temptations: My Top Ten Singles

New Wave: My Top Ten Singles

David Bowie: My Top Ten Singles