Phil Spector: Phil Spector's Greatest Hits

An essential collection of early 60s rock 'n' roll Heaven here. No question about it. 

The classics simply don’t stop. Ronnie Spector’s timeless voice on Be My Baby and Baby I Love You still sends shivers down my spine and always will. Then there is Darlene Love’s vocal on He’s A Rebel and LaLa Brooks on Da Doo Ron Ron and Then He Kissed Me. The Righteous BrothersYou've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' and Unchained Melody

The bottom line is that these are simply some of the best pure pop records you will ever hear. Is there a better intro than that on Baby I Love You - and when Ronnie's "whoh-oh" comes in, I am almost in tears every time. Not quite, but you know what I mean. Just wonderful. One of the best records ever made. Period. 

There’s more - UptownNot Too Young To Get MarriedHe’s Sure The Boy I Love, Do I Love You, There’s No Other Like My BabyThe Best Part Of Breaking Up and Ronnie's heartbreaking good vocal performance on Walking In The Rain. Don't forget Ike & Tina Turner's River Deep Mountain High, either. Just perfect 60s teen pop. These songs will last forever. Oh, and there’s the “wall of sound”, Spector's kitchen sink that he threw at all his productions.

Am I going to "cancel" Phil Spector's wonderful productions? Am I fuck.

Secondary, 2 of 4

Popular posts from this blog

Faces: Faces At The BBC (Live)

Dr. Feelgood: Down By The Jetty - 1975

Eric Clapton & Friends: The Breeze - An Appreciation Of J. J. Cale - 2014

U2: Songs Of Innocence - 2014

The Who: Who Are You - 1978

Eric Clapton & J. J. Cale: The Road To Escondido - 2006

Van Morrison: Live At The Grand Opera House Belfast - 1984

Eric Clapton: Eric Clapton - 1970

Trojan Presents: The Spirit Of '69

Mud: A's, B's & Rarities