Nick Drake: Pink Moon - 1972


This was Nick Drake's final album, and it featured just him on acoustic guitar, delivering a series of peaceful, bucolic numbers such as the sleepy things 
Behind The Sun

Again, you can hear the sound that would influence Paul Weller on this album. There is a bit of a rootsy bluesiness to numbers like the minimalist Know as well and the opener, Pink Moon, features a subtle bit of piano. Check out that persistent guitar line on Know too. I feel that these tracks and indeed all of the album would have been improved with a Bryter Layter full band sound. The album is only twenty-seven minutes long and it is one of those that peacefully washes over you, albeit very pleasantly. So that was dear Nick Drake. God bless you Nick - your music was far better than you ever knew. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beatles: My Top Ten Singles

Punk: My Top Ten Singles

Rod Stewart: My Top Ten Singles

Blondie: My Top Ten Singles

The Rolling Stones: My Top Ten Singles

New Wave: My Top Ten Singles

The Temptations: My Top Ten Singles

David Bowie: My Top Ten Singles