Brass Construction: Brass Construction - 1975

This was New York funkers Brass Construction's debut. It consisted of six mostly lengthy brass and occasional vocal workouts. 

It follows the usual disco funk pattern - big drums, blaring brass breaks and vocal interjections that keep lyrics to a minimum. The album's two singles were Movin' and Changin' (no g). Also we had Peekin' and Talkin'

They all tend to stick to the same format but they are none the less addictive for it. Love is actually a bit of a rocking track (or should that be Rockin'?), built around an almost Stonesy cowbell and guitar riff. The remaining track was the party vibe of Dance, by the way. This album set the foundations for many groups to follow with more extended disco funk jams that proved popular in the discothéques of the mid-late seventies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beatles: My Top Ten Singles

Punk: My Top Ten Singles

Rod Stewart: My Top Ten Singles

The Rolling Stones: My Top Ten Singles

Blondie: My Top Ten Singles

Stevie Wonder: My Top Ten Singles

New Wave: My Top Ten Singles

The Temptations: My Top Ten Singles