Joanna Connor: Big Girl Blues - 1997

I find it difficult to analyse and review great blues records like this, I really do. None of the tracks are remarkable, but all of them are more than acceptable, if not excellent. 

That is just what blues rock albums are like. They don't stray far from their path, but you know what you are going to get - honest, unpretentious music. That is why it is difficult to pick and praise one track any more than another. What I know is this, Joanna Connor can play the blues. Classic stuff. No bull. No pretence. Just 12 great blues songs, written by herself. A breath of fresh air and a highly enjoyable 45 minutes or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punk: My Top Ten Singles

Rod Stewart: My Top Ten Singles

The Rolling Stones: My Top Ten Singles

The Beatles: My Top Ten Singles

Roxy Music: My Top Ten Singles

David Bowie: My Top Ten Singles

Stevie Wonder: My Top Ten Singles

Queen: My Top Ten Singles

Elton John: My Top Ten Singles

Blondie: My Top Ten Singles