Desmond Dekker: You Can Get It If You Really Want - 1970

 

In contrast to Intensified, this release showcases Dekker's orchestrated poppy early seventies sound, including the strings that were used so much in the 1970-1972 pop reggae era.

It includes the wonderful You Can Get It If You Really Want, the catchy Pickney Gal, Peace Of Mind and You Got Soul. The plea for racial harmony of Polka Dot is a nice one too. 

This album is the more instantly appealing and has a slightly smoother sound quality to it, possibly due to those typical of the era strings. The previous album has some more dated material on it too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punk: My Top Ten Singles

The Beatles: My Top Ten Singles

The Rolling Stones: My Top Ten Singles

Rod Stewart: My Top Ten Singles

Blondie: My Top Ten Singles

Stevie Wonder: My Top Ten Singles

David Bowie: My Top Ten Singles

Roxy Music: My Top Ten Singles

The Temptations: My Top Ten Singles